The outdoor activities in Costa Rica are also out-of-this-world. Experience the best thrilling zipline rides in Costa Rica or one of the many unique experiences one can only have in Costa Rica. The incredible Guanacaste National Park is also worth visiting.
Some vacationers book stays in mind-blowing rainforest resorts in Costa Rica, while others prefer to visit the nicest beaches in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. While there are a wide variety of luxurious all-inclusive resorts in Costa Rica worth staying at, the country also features several affordable resorts that will not break the bank.
Get the most bang for your buck at Jungle Beach Hotel Manuel Antonio. This hotel costs just over $100 a night and offers some sweet amenities. There is free self-parking on-site, the Manuel Antonio National Park is within walking distance, and the beautiful Manuel Antonio Beach is only a 2-minute drive away. The hotel itself features an outdoor pool, restaurant, bar/lounge area, and lovely outdoor seating.
- Accommodation: Jungle Beach Hotel Manuel Antonio
- Address: Carretera al Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio, 200Mts antes de la Playa Espacilla, mano izquierda, Manuel Antonio 60601
- Amenities: Outdoor pool, free parking, bar/lounge, 24-hour front desk
For around $60 a night, the prices at Cabinas Jimenez cannot be beaten. This charming hotel is in Puerto Jiménez, within walking distance from the Osa Peninsula and the Puerto Jiménez Pier. The hotel pool and outdoor area back up onto the beach, making it a prime location for travelers wishing to enjoy the sparkling waters and natural landscape. Guests describe this area as a quiet seafront, perfect for a relaxing getaway.
- Accommodation: Cabinas Jimenez
- Address: 50 Metros a la Izquierda de, Puerto Jiménez 60702
- Amenities: Beachfront, outdoor pool, free parking, free toiletries
Travelers looking to get a taste of resort life along the beach will love Fiesta Resort. This property is a short walk from both Playa Boca de Barranca and Puntarenas Beach. This family friendly resort also features four stunning outdoor swimming pools, as well as mini golf, beach volleyball, beach soccer, and two tennis courts. Families love these outdoor amenities, as well as the Kids’ Club and Teens’ Club.
Fiesta Resort is also all-inclusive, giving guests the most bang for their buck with four restaurants, seven bars, and unlimited beverages.
- Accommodation: Fiesta Resort
- Address: El Roble 23, El Roble 60115
- Amenities: All inclusive, multilingual staff, concierge, kids’ club
Planet Hollywood Costa Rica, an Autograph Collection Resort, is perfect for travelers craving a bit of luxury during their stay in Costa Rica without breaking the bank. This reasonably priced, 5-star resort features funky and modern decor, multiple pools, seven restaurants, and five bars.
Planet Hollywood Costa Rica is perfect for families, as it features the Stars Kids Club. At this club, kids channel their creative side through acting, dancing, singing, and set design.
- Accommodation: Planet Hollywood Costa Rica
- Address: Playa Manzanill0, Golfo de Papagayo, Liberia, Culebra
- Amenities: Seven restaurants, five bars, water sports, volleyball court
Costa Rica features some amazing spots first-time visitors should explore, from an epic volcano to stellar white water rafting locations. First-timers should also visit Manuel Antonio Nature Park & Wildlife Refuge, located 5 minutes from Boutique Hotel Las Cascadas The Falls. This hotel features beautiful wood detailing along the ceilings, large windows with stellar views of the greenery and water, and a unique restaurant area. Guests enjoy the hotel’s natural surroundings, friendly staff, and great location.
- Accommodation: Boutique Hotel Las Cascadas The Falls
- Address: Road To La Marina Pez Vela, 250 Mts, Manuel Antonio 60601
- Amenities: Restaurant, outdoor pool, room service, family rooms
Another affordable hotel with Costa Rican charm is Altura Hotel. This hotel is a few minutes’ drive from Poas Volcano National Park, a great spot to explore and enjoy one of many epic experiences to have when visiting Costa Rica. The rooms at Altura Hotel contain brick detailing, wood paneling on the ceiling, warm lighting, and large glass windows displaying the lush greenery on the property. Guests cite the stellar views, delicious breakfast, and proximity to the Poas Volcano as reasons to book.
- Accommodation: Altura Hotel
- Address: 3km Volcan Poas, Alajuela 20801
- Amenities: Free parking, luggage storage, laundry service, restaurant
Oceano Boutique Hotel & Gallery boasts budget-friendly prices, on-site dining, and several pools. The hotel is located about half a mile from Jacó Beach, surrounded by several dining and shopping options. Guests enjoy exploring the nearby area before driving or walking over to the beach to spend a day on the water. While some people worry about safety while exploring Costa Rica, there are many reasons Costa Rica is safe for travelers.
Oceano Boutique Hotel also contains a spa and wellness center, offering ultimate relaxation.
- Accommodation: Oceano Boutique Hotel & Gallery
- Address: 500 Metros Este de la Pops, Jacó 61101
- Amenities: Spa and wellness center, dog friendly (call first), 24-hour front desk
The 4-star resort Best Western Jaco Beach is known for its spectacular amenities. Located on Jacó Beach in the Central Pacific region of Costa Rica, this hotel boasts breathtaking nature views featuring palm trees, mountains, and waves crashing along the coastline. This all-inclusive resort also features unlimited beverages and unlimited food, making this the perfect getaway spot for families and large groups. Other noteworthy amenities include multiple outdoor pools, volleyball courts, on-site photographers, and 24-hour security.
- Accommodation: Best Western Jaco Beach
- Address: Pastor Diaz Av., Jacó 61101
- Amenities: All inclusive, outdoor pools, unlimited drinks and food, 24-hour security
Another budget-friendly hotel in Costa Rica is the nYa Hotel. The hotel is a tropical sanctuary, providing guests with clean and modern rooms and a lush, relaxing pool area. Guests also enjoy the tranquil garden on site, which features loads of greenery and wildlife, including iguanas, hummingbirds, and blue magpies. The amenities do not stop there; nYa Hotel also offers Ayurveda yoga massages and Hatha yoga classes. This accommodation is perfect for guests looking to unwind and connect with the earth.
- Accommodation: nYa Hotel
- Address: Detrás De La Iglesia, Montezuma, Montezuma 60101
- Amenities: Multilingual staff, yoga sessions, laundry facilities, airport shuttle service (surcharge)
Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo is an affordable tropical paradise, offering amazing mountain views, proximity to the beach, and bright and modern rooms. Guests choose from the lovely garden, pool, and ocean-view rooms and suites.
Guests enjoy dining at the resort restaurant, which serves up delicious drinks and features spectacular views of the sparkling water. The resort is also located in a prime location, near national parks, golf courses, beaches, and fishing spots.
- Accommodation: Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo
- Address: Playa Flamingo, Provincia de Guanacaste, Santa Cruz, 50308, Costa Rica
- Amenities: Concierge, babysitting services (surcharge), outdoor pools, swim-up bar